Charleston Jazz is a non-profit arts organization located in Charleston, SC. We are seeking an energetic, music-loving individual who enjoys fundraising. This role is integral to our fundraising program to support our mission and programs, including the Charleston Jazz Orchestra, Charleston Jazz Festival, and Charleston Jazz Academy.
Provide assistance with all activities related to our fundraising program, including grant writing and reporting, special event coordination, sponsorship presentations, individual giving programs, prospect identification, cultivation, communications, and processing of donations and acknowledgments.
- Research new grant opportunities, prepare and submit grant applications and reports
- Manage the donor CRM (Charityproud). Enter all donations and run reports as needed
- Manage the fulfillment of membership benefits for individuals and sponsors
- Manage a portfolio of donors and donor communications
- Help design and execute fundraising, donor, and cultivation events
- Cultivate patrons at concerts and events as a representative of Charleston Jazz
Desired Background + Skills:
- Passion for performing arts, music/jazz, and arts education
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines
- 2-3 years of fundraising-related experience, including grant writing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Superior writing and communication skills, with an ability to develop compelling communications to engage donors and prospects
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, diplomatic and gracious under pressure, and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work as a team player but also be self-motivated
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Experience with donor CRMs a plus
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access in all our programs, partnerships, and development efforts
Compensation + Benefits:
The position is full-time and exempt.
Salary range: $40,000 – $50,000, depending on experience.
Work from home but must be available for regular in-person meetings.
Flexible work schedule. Some evening and weekend hours are required (concerts/events).
Health care stipend provided.
11 paid holidays plus generous paid time off (vacation + sick leave).
401K plan available.
To apply, please email:
2. Letter briefly outlining your experience specifically in relation to the desired qualifications listed above.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Development Associate. Position is open until filled.
Charleston Jazz is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. Individuals from underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and need.